After years of research, Dr's Choice has developed a full bodied chocolate drink effective in inducing a relaxing effect and relieving stress.
This full bodied chocolate is not effective in relieving stress but at the same time improves sleep quality.
Dr's Choice EasyTime Relaxing Chocolate Drink
contains L-Theanine, an active ingredients found in green tea which may helps relieve stress by inducing relaxing effect without drowsiness during day time and gives a good sleep during night time.
What is L-Theanine?
L-Theanine is the predominant non-protein form of amino acid that exists in tea and constitutes between 1% and 2% of the dry weight of tea leaves.1
Drinking tea allows us to feel relaxed and calmed without any tranquilising effect. This relaxing effect owes much to the presence of L-Theanine.1
What are the benefits?
Research from the University of Shizuka,2 Japan suggested that L-Theanine helps:
- Facilitate relaxation
- Support immune system
- Improve learning performance
Relaxant That Helps Improve Sleep Quality
By taking a cup of Dr's Choice EasyTime Relaxing Chocolate Drink, which incorporates L-Theanine with other natural elements from chocolates helps us not just to stay relaxed but at the same time improves our sleep quality at night. Clinical trials discovered that L-Theanine improves sleep quality for people with sleeping problem.3 Researches with human volunteers have shown that L-Theanine creates a deep sense of relaxation approximately 30-40 minutes after it has been administered.4, 5
Helps Improve Learning & Memory
It is believe that L-Theanine helps enhance learning and memory by regulating the dopamine and serotonin levels.6, 7
Helps Support Immune System
L-Theanine has been shown to stimulate various important immune system cells* and production of chemical messengers called cytokines that helps these various immune system cells to communicate with each other and regulate their actions.2, 3 L-Theanine helps reduce the occurrence of common colds and respiratory tract infections. Studies suggested that this protective effect was due to raised levels of gamma delta T cells (immune cells). These immune cells are the first line defence against infections and play a key role in antimicrobial.6, 7, 8
L-Theanine vs Other Herbs
The principal difference between L-Theanine and other herbs offering similiar benefits is that L-Theanine does not make its users drowsy despite inducing a calming and relaxing effect.
It does not have the side effect of sleep inducing drugs like sleeping pills that may cause dependency to its users.
L-Theanine has been approved as GRAS (Generally Recognized as Safe) by US FDA for use in foods and it was approved for unlimited use in Japan for all foods except infant products since 1964.
*Note: Macrophages, neutrophils and natural killer cells.
- Alternative & Complementary Therapies – April 2001
- Information sheet, Edina, MN., Taiyo International, Inc., undated.
- Effects of L-Theanine on Sleep Quality, Lyon, Kapoor and Juneja, 2011
- Owen G "The combined effects of L-Theanine and caffeine on cognitive performance and mood" Nutr. Nuerosct.2008, 11:123-131
- Yamada T ey al. Effects of Theanine, a unique amino acid in tea leaves, on memory in a rat behavioural test. Biosci Bitotechnol Blochem. 2008. 72(5): 1356-9
- Bukowski, J et-al "L-Theanine intervention enhances human gamma delta T lymphocyte function" Nutr Rev, 2008, 66: 96-102
- Rowe C A et-al "Specific formulation of Camella sinensts prevents cold and flu symptoms and enhances gamma delta T cell function: A randomised, double-blind, placebo controlled study" J Am Coll Nutrition, 2007, 26: 445-452
- Sugiyama, K et-al "Liver injury preventive effect of tea theanine in rats" Journal of Food Sciences, 2000, 65: 30-33